West Cheshire Growth
Cheshire West Growth Team
Cheshire West and Chester Council has clear ambitions to grow its economy and improve business and employment opportunities. Our role is to support the private sector to invest and grow and to support local residents to access local employment.
By working with key partners in the public and private sector we aim to offer an easily accessible and approachable service to support sustainable economic growth.
Our areas of focus include:
- Provide integrated support to businesses to start up, invest and grow
- Provide the right economic infrastructure to facilitate maximum investment
- Support businesses by helping to meet current and future skills needs
- Support local people into jobs and encourage economic and social inclusion
- Gather and analyse economic intelligence to inform actions and decisions
Cheshire West Growth team work with business to ensure there is a steady supply of well-qualified candidates for the jobs they are creating. Through partnerships with local Colleges and Universities, we are developing the next generation workforce. At our Work Zones, anyone who is currently out of work can find the support they need to find employment. Work Zones also provide bespoke training packages for large scale recruiters. For more information on our Skills and Employment work click here (link).